Service to the Military
"All it really takes for a community to organize a Stand Down is a group of dedicated volunteers committed to assisting homeless veterans improve their situation."www.nchv.org
The Healing Touch Professional Association (HTPA) is pleased to announce the extension of our association’s fund through the Healing Touch Worldwide Foundation to support practitioner's, student's, and instructor's participation at local and regional Military Events such as Stand Downs. Practitioners provide Healing Touch sessions for the military personnel and their families.
The goal of this extension is four-fold:
- To empower our local practitioners to participate in Stand Downs and other similar events.
- To allow Healing Touch Program's presence in charitable and community events, which increases good will and awareness at the local, state, and national levels.
- To allow practitioners access to their local communities and to promote community awareness.
- To increase the visibility of the Healing Touch Worldwide Foundation.
Information about the Grant:
HTWF will reimburse incidental expenses associated with providing Healing Touch at a Military Event.
- HTWF will reimburse minor expenses for the table (treats, water, decorations, etc.)
- HTWF will reimburse reasonable travel expenses at the federal standard of $.014/mile for up to 250 miles.
Practitioner / Student Requirements and additional information:
- The individual needs to be of Healing Touch Level 3 or higher or have another volunteer with this status.
- The individual may give Healing Touch on treatment tables and/or in chairs at the booth if there is an HT Level 3 or higher student there to take questions and talk to individuals.
- This grant is available worldwide, but the funds will be distributed at the US Currency exchange rate at the time of application approval.
If you wish to be reimbursed for your travel and expenses for the event, you must adhere to the following requirements.
- Take a few pictures of the booth to share with HTWF. Be mindful to not take photographs of individual’s faces to honor privacy.
- Stay for the entire length of the event hours each day.
- Fill out the Military Event Summary Report, which includes sending receipts. This report will be e-mailed to accepted grant applicants by the HTPA.
Simplified Intake Forms
The following simplified intake form can be used to streamline your client intake for the event.
Service to the Military eGuide
The following “how to” eGuide contains resources that will help you offer Healing Touch services to our veterans and their families. It’s available for many types of events, including Stand Downs -
Stand Downs: a popular and growing event where you can provide Healing Touch and also through community outreach through local chapters. (For additional information, please check with your local chapter lead.)
Energy Magazine Articles
C. Sarian, Show Up for a Stand Down, Energy Magazine, Oct 2007
S. Russell, Tribe and Duty, Energy Magazine, Mar/Apr 2012